Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Heart Belongs To An Army Ranger

He who for love hath undergone The worst that can befall, Is happier thousandfold than one Who never loved at all.

Let it be shown today, that I know without a doubt, I met my future husband two weeks ago...
I will be dead honest. When my friend Matt told me about okcupid.com, I had JUST broken up with my boyfriend..though our relationship probably had died months before. I posted my profile with every detail of what I was and what I wanted...and I honestly thought it would take MONTHS or longer to meet someone. I also knew I would never find my future partner if I did not go out and put myself out there. 

I don't go out to bars..or clubs. I detest them really, although...I will say there are some fun bars in the right company. So here I was...answering more profile questions. My profile was live for exactly two hours and the responses poured in. I was shocked. Two hours..and an Army Ranger who was two hours away from me at Ft Riley "winked" at me..and then sent me a message. 
We sent messages back and forth...and something stirred in me. I almost didn't even respond because he was so far away...But I decided to anyway.

The second day that we talked over the internet..feeling each other out, asking questions, I knew...Just KNEW that this was my future husband. I knew that he was my soulmate. I could feel the brightness from his soul over a hundred plus miles...and it felt like our souls touched.

He's amazing. He's noble, Brave, honest, and most of all not afraid through all the toughness to be gentle..and loving and show affection. Texas cowboy, like broncs and bulls cowboy. All the way real. Army Ranger. Staff Seargent. We clicked like no one ever had with me. Yes. I realize I've thought this before. But before I always HOPEd AND PRAYED this one was the one. When I met him..I knew..without any doubt...like when I knew Jeana was going to be born and what her name was supposed to be..like it was predetermined..I KNEW he was the one.

This journey is just beginning. It's been two amazing yet painful weeks. I see him every weekend, but the week is hell. I think about him constantly. Not like obsessed constantly. But like every breath I take is now for him. Every heart beat that thuds a little loud thinking of him, and each beat defines my love for him already. The electricity lights my soul as a lighthouse shows the way to the shore safely, but it shows him the way to my heart...

I know the best part of my life..finally..is ahead of me. He loves my kids..and they adore him. I'm really excited. And as I said...it will be marked that I knew..that he was the one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment